Audit induction training – Managers
When registered candidate auditors are appointed as managers, their responsibilities expand to include those also expected from the partners. These responsibilities comprise more high-level communication with clients, risk assessment of clients’ businesses, overseeing audit engagements and leading teams. This new phase in a lifelong learning journey may be navigated successfully with a solid base of key technical and professional skills, and guidance provided along the way.
A thorough understanding of the relevant quality control, engagement quality and ethical requirements is needed to achieve a well-rounded combination of the skills required of a good manager. During this interactive training session, we will discuss practical examples and solutions to common challenges.
Content and outline:
To explain the following concepts and demonstrate their practical application:
- Quality management and responsibilities:
- Firm’s risk assessment process
- Governance and leadership responsibilities
- Ethical requirements and responsibilities
- Information and communication
- Engagement performance
- Monitoring and remediation
- Acceptance and continuance
- Engagement quality:
- Audit basics – documentation, minimum content
- Internal control and risk assessment
- Audit approaches
- File reviews and supervision
- Key professional skills:
- Industries and related risks
- Coaching and mentoring
- Business writing
Enroll in the Audit induction training – Managers Course, complete each lesson and pass the final quiz to complete the course.
Certification: Upon completion of this course, participants will receive a verifiable attendance certificate.